I found this recipe today and it looks extra yummy. I will definitely have to try it when I get back to my kitchen!!!
Spinach Rice Bake
- 10 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 tbl. water
- 1/2 tbl. olive oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cooked brown rice (measure after cooking)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or pepper jack)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees and grease a 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Place the spinach and water in a large skillet over medium heat; cover and cook until the spinach wilts. Drain the spinach and set aside.
- Return the skillet to the stove and heat the olive oil. Saute the chopped onion for a few minutes until translucent.
- In a large bowl, combine the brown rice, cheese, milk, eggs and salt. Stir in the onion and wilted spinach. Pour into the prepared 8 x8 inch pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until set in the middle