Saturday, May 4, 2013
Gloriously Gluten Free Sugar Free Pumpkin Muffins
MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... That's how I will introduce my latest kitchen creation. Delicious. Smeared with a little butter and these bad boys melt in your mouth!!
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons molasses
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin purée
1 tsp real vanilla extract
1 cup Bob's Red Mill gluten free all-purpose baking flour
3/4 cups white rice flour
1/2 cup granulated truvia
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and a 6-cup muffin pan, or line the pan with papers, and grease the papers.
2) Whisk together the eggs, molasses, vanilla and pumpkin purée. Set aside.
3) Whisk together the gluten-free flour and white rice flour, truvia, baking powder, salt, and the spices.
4) Add the oil, mixing with an electric mixer until evenly crumbly. The mixture will look like coarse sand.
5) Add the egg mixture a bit at a time, beating well with an electric mixer after each addition. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture is fluffy.
6) Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, filling cups 3/4 full.
7) Bake the muffins for 22 to 25 minutes, until the middle springs back when lightly touched. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Best served warm.