Sunday, January 30, 2011

God is doing AMAZING stuff in Costa Rica!!!

 
The greatest gift!
 
This is reposted with permission from Natalia Santana on Friday, January 28, 2011 at 1:06am. It is an amazing testimony of what God is doing in Costa Rica.
(I know is long but i really want you to read this) (Yo se que esta larguisimo pero porfa leanlo) :)

So… let’s see where to start…
Like 4 or almost 5 months ago, I was told I had Cervical Cancer that was in my uterus, since that day a journey began, I couldn’t stop thinking about it, all day and night, thinking what was gonna happen now, if I was gonna be able to get out of this one, or even thinking if I was gonna die, oh well, time went by, and pretty much every month I had to take exams painful ones and always getting the same news… ‘Yes you have cancer’.
Mad at God, but not at the same time, not because, who am I to be mad at him?, thankful too, because the cancer was in its first stage, supposedly I just had to get 3 surgeries and then if everything work out good, I was gonna get better, still, I was thinking 3 surgeries, man that’s painful… and what if I don’t get better after this, what if it doesn’t work, and what am I gonna do with school and church and all the things I have to do all the time.
Once again I was asking, God what is your plan? What do you want from me? I'm not a bad person, I mean I’m not the greatest that’s for sure but I’m not bad…
So just when I was mentally prepare to have my first surgery and I was gonna get in December guess what… the doctor disappear all of the sudden and went to have long vacations in the states. He came back 3 weeks ago (finally), and a soon as he came back, I had surgery, and the same day I had surgery they took a peace of my uterus and send it to the lab, just to see how good or bad the cancer was doing, that same day he didn’t say anything good, he saw it and he told me,that it didn’t look good. Anyways…
Today it has been 3 awful weeks after surgery, not been able to move, or do anything, not even to go to church, or hanging out with my friends, nothing, just at home by my self thinking how bad things were…
A few days ago I got a phone call… It was the doctor… I remember thinking, oh great now what…
So he ask me how I was doing, and how I was feeling! (Awful of course) - Good, good Doctor everything is great- (yeah right)… he ask me if I could talk for 5 minutes, I remember I started shaking, so scared, and nervous… waiting…
Well he said… we got the new results… we could NOT find anything… what? I said...
What do you mean you couldn’t find anything, yes we couldn’t, and let me tell you… this is so weird, (silent from both of us). And then he ask me: do you believe in God? Yes of course I said, I believe in God and I believe he was the one who made something here…
Well he said… maybe your faith helped you…
But of course I said.
Doctor: Don’t get too excited, because this is not usual, so we need to make more tests.
Me: Right, let’s do it.
So I got more test done a few days ago.
I got the newest results today.
I have NOTHING!! There’s nothing wrong with me! I'm complete fine. Again they couldn’t find anything… (And remember how many times I got tested before).
If you are reading this is because I wanted to shared the miracle that God has done in my life, sometimes I heard this ‘testimonies from people getting healed’ and I remember thinking yeah, yeah God is good, he makes miracles, but, I guess that happens only to holy people or something. But let me remind you, it happened to me, and at first none of this made sense to me... having cancer, feeling sick, not sharing this with anyone because I didn’t want anyone to think that I was sick.
I was so confuse, and thinking now what, felt sad, lonely and mad.
Yesterday I heard someone talking about how God told Abraham to kill his own son, his only son, when God promise him in Genesis 12:2-3

“I will make you into a great nation,  
   and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
   and you will be a blessing.
 I will bless those who bless you,
   and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
  will be blessed through you.”

And then after telling him that we was going to have all that, he send him to sacrifice his own son. And he let him go all the way through, preparing the altar, and having a knife to kill him, but then right before he was gonna kill his own son (by obedience), God send an angel to stop him and to tell him, not to do it and that he had prove how much Abraham trusted God.

Sometimes we don’t understand why we go all the way through hard things in life, but there’s is a reason for it. And allow us to believe in him, no matter what.
I believe I am a stronger person now, and that everything happens for a reason.
Just keep walking by faith…

So thank you all who have been part of this process with me (even if you didn’t knew what was really happening), and praying for me at some point, this is just another way for God to prove us how great he is, and that he can actually make miracles. He did it with me!

And if you didn’t even had a clue that this was happening with me again, I wanted you to read this because at sometime, somewhere, I have learned from you, and what I learned from you, helped me in so many ways to get through this one, and to be strong, believe it or not.

I love you guys, and you are a big part of my life.

P.S. Si no ud esta leyendo esto y no es gringo o su primer idioma no es el ingles, perdón haha decidí hacerlo en ingles porq se que todos uds hablan ingles y no todos hablan español! :)

Love
Natalia

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful story! I needed to hear this. I have had several months of health issues. None are life threatening but annoying to say the least. And just when I think I have one thing gone I find another. But God is faithful! Stories like this continue to remind me of his love and faithfulness. I especially like the story of Abraham. God comes through, even if it is at the very end of our rope. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete