Sunday, January 20, 2013

Misquote

Does anyone else see what I see as very disturbing in this quote? No? Maybe you should read it again. Or maybe it's not the quote with which I have a problem, maybe it's who it's accredited to. I heard this quote today in a very different venue, which I'm sure you can guess, and wanted to find a picture of it as I was reflecting on it (I'm an artsy type person, so roll with me). And I stumbled upon this "Version" of it. What was even more disturbing is that there were several variations of this quote, artistically done with hearts and glorious fonts. 

Then there was this one:


Just in case you haven't caught it yet, these two quotes are being poorly attributed. I would like it duly noted for the record that neither Albus Dumbledore nor Abraham Lincoln were the originators of these quotes.  
The actual author:
JESUS

But don't take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment