Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Farmer's Market

 There is no experience quite like the experience of a farmer's market. Every Saturday Rodney takes one lucky member of the house along with him (at 6 AM, sharp!) to the Farmer's Market (or Feria in Spanish) in the nearby town of Escazu. Anyone who has been to a farmer's market knows the hussle bustle of people trying to get the freshest, tastiest, and bestest priced produce. The market in Escazu is no exception. While the people were no surprise, the variety of produce at this market was astounding to me. Who knew some of these foods even existed, let alone could be eaten!!!


What ARE these??!! Some kind of fruit, I was told...





Yucca.

The juiciest, freshest pineapple on earth!


I've never seen eggplant like that before...


I would love to make little animal sculptures out of these :)

 

I bet this is how oranges feel if they get left behind at the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment