Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What a Difference a Year Makes

Wow, so for those of you who regularly follow my blog, my year-in-summary a few months back shared how the community has changed over the last, well, year. The biggest change physically has been the Quebrada...the "neighborhood" of the community that is the most dangerous section of Los Anonos. It was also the most heavily damaged during last year's flood. I haven't been in there since August because of some of the changes that have gone on there (and because I was in the states most of September). I went in today to deliver some food to a family in our church and took advantage of the photo op. The changes are incredible.
December of 2010











November 2010 Versus...







October 2011....




February 2010 Versus October 2011...
Days after the flood...
Today


 

See the red door in the back ground? This was February...

See the red door? This was today....



No comments:

Post a Comment