Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Princess Club: Gentleness

"But the fruit of the Spirit is....gentleness."

In the Princess Club we've talked a lot about the words we use on a daily basis. The Bible says that our words have the power of life and death. With our mouths we can bless or curse and the Lord will bless or curse based off of what comes out of us. We can use our mouths to encourage or to make others feel really bad about themselves. 

Proverbs 15:1 says,
"A gentle answer turns away wrath,
    but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Part of the fruit of gentleness comes through with our words. Every time some one asks you to do something or tell you something, you can chose to respond in 1 of 2 ways: with a gentle answer or with a harsh response.

To illustrate this, I took 2 inflated balloons. I had the girls ask me a question. The first time I answered, I answered harshly and violently popped the balloon. I had the girls ask me the same question again, but the second time I snipped the end of the balloon to let the air out gently. Same question, two different responses. I gave the girls each two balloons and let them do the experiment, too. Here's a sneak peak clip into what we did :)


When we were finished popping balloons, we made cards that had little girls on them with mouths that open and shut. In each mouth was the word "suave" or "gentle". The girls thought they looked like chickens, but they had fun decorating them any way!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment