Monday, July 30, 2012

Typical Sunday in Costa Rica

For those of you who are not on facebook, and have not seen my most recent posts, I thought I would give you a little taste of what Sundays are like in Costa Rica. This Sunday was...extraordinary. It was rainy and cold when we got up...so much so that I changed out of the cute dress I had on into a pair of pants with three layers of shirts and a pair of gloves. Brrrrr. No time for fashion when it's chilly here!!! I went down to the church early, like usual, to set up. Of course what greeted me in the back yard was no early morning solitude. It was, in fact, a very large chicken that could not get out. I spent the next 25 minutes chasing the thing around the backyard (it mostly hung out by the stove....yes, I noted the irony...). She ended up in the house (again, mostly in the kitchen) and then ended up under a stack of kiddie chairs. Tito fortunately came it at that moment and was able to capture the chicken and release her over the back wall. Quite the adventures in Costa Rica!! I just so happened to have my camera and documented the spontaneous moment:




And in case you wanted to see it live....here's the video........

No comments:

Post a Comment