Monday, May 23, 2011

Featured Profile: Maria Antonia


Name: Maria Antonia
Age: 45-years-old (I asked, she said it's okay to put on here)
Bithday: December 6
How many kids do you have? Four. They all live around here.
Favorite color: blue
Favorite food: rice and beans and pork chops
Favorite singer: Enrique Iglesias
Favorite day of the week: Saturday. Because I can rest and relax.

Maria and David cooking for the Will and Jessica's wedding
Where have you lived? I was born in Guanacaste. I lived there until I was 25 and then I moved to Pavas. I moved to Anonos about 16 years ago.
Why do you like living here? I'm used to the climate here. I'm just used to it.
What would you change about where you live? I wish there were more buses that would pass by.
If you could live any where else in the world, where would you live? In the States?
Any state in particular? No, just a states there.
What about where there's snow? Oh, no. I couldn't live there. It would be too cold. I would like to see the snow, to experience it once, but not to live. I would live some where not too cold and not to hot.
What about Michigan? No. Too cold.
What would you change about where you live? Having my own property. Owning the land.
What would you change about yourself? I would like to be a little heavier. I've alway sbeen too thin.
(Me) Wow, not too many women say that about themselves. (Maria) I know, but that's just how I've always been.
If you could change your name, would you? Well, I like the name Maria. But I don't like my second name, Antonia. I would change my second name to Alejandra.



How did you meet Rodney and Cindy? They came up to David's to visit him. About a year and a half ago. I think it was when he had his accident was the first time I met them.
What is your favorite part of going to church? Giving glory to God.
When did you become a Christian? When I was about 30 years old.
How has God changed your life? Wow, he's changed it a lot! I have more health, work and many more blessings.
What would you like to say to any groups that may come to Costa Rica? I would like to share more with them, get to know them better. And I would like to know more about God.

If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be?
1. To get married again.
2. To better my financial situation (more food, more money).
3. Blessings for my family.

If you could have any super power, like a super hero, what would you want? To be able to box. I used to box some, but only when I got mad. Now I would just like to box.

How can people pray for you? Pray when they can. Pray for my family. Pray that we would be more unified. Pray for our house. For blessing. And to know more about God.

If you could say anything to the world, what would you say? I would say the words of that new rap artist, Mecatelio or something like that...he's a druggie, you know. He smokes marijuana and all. But he says the truth in his song. He sings "para la violenica", "stop the violence". I think he's got it right there. Stop the violence. That's what I would say, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment