Friday, May 6, 2011

Featured Profile: Pipo

I have decided to interview and feature each of the youth that I work with here in the community. It serves 2 purposes: for people to get to know the guys here in the community (whether you ever meet them or already know them) and to help focus your prayers for their continued growth. My first victim, I mean willing participant, was Pipo!!

Real name: Marvin Barboza Muñoz
Nickname: Pipo (from a word meaning "lollipop")
Birthday: March 3
Age: 20
Siblings: 2 sisters
Current occupation: looking for work


Favorite song: How He Loves (John Mark McMillan/Kim Walker)
Favorite food: shrimp
Favorite color: pink (I think he was teasing me)
Favorite story in the Bible: Job
Favorite body part: My hair

If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?
My mouth. I just don't like it.
If you could have three wishes, what would they be?
1. To be handsome
2. $$$$$
3. To be able to help the poor

How long have you been coming to the Viña (the Vineyard church)?
About 2 years.
How did you hear about it?
From either Dago or Tito, I don't really remember

This is Pipo with a popi (lollipop).
It's part of my nickname.
I got my nickname because I really like sweets.

What do you want to do in life?
Be a missionary to Africa.
And work in medical forensics like on CSI. :)

How did you get your characteristic scar on your face?
I fell from a Cas tree when I was a kid.
But I could make up a different story if that's not interesting enough for you.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live?
The States.
Maybe Las Vegas.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would start in the States. I would go to Maine, Virginia, Ohio, and Michigan.
I would visit all the churches of all the teams that come down here.
Then I would go to Africa.
Maybe I would stop by Australia, too.

What would you like to say to the people reading your interview?
"Hello and bye bye"
(he said that in English....)
If you could ask for anything, what would you ask for?
Help going to Africa.
And people to go with to Africa

What is your favorite part about living in Anonos?
My friends.
What is the most important thing in your life?
God.

3 comments:

  1. I like this julie, keep it coming. Ask, in the future ; In what ways has God changed your life? Love the profile. Rodney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pipo!! I learned sooo much about you - I really did hope your scar was from a duel with a fierce mountain lion or a pirate but oh, well..... I just got back from Africa and you can go with me ANYTIME - we need to make a plan! I love the Pipo/Popi thing - cute :) Thanks for being Julie's first victim..er...uhh... volunteer. Julie - this is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete