Saturday, March 24, 2012

Princess Club: The best dressed girl in town!!

Today's lesson was simple: How are we to be dressed as princesses in God's kingdom? 

Colossians 3:12

 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 

I asked the girls what it means to be clothed with compassion. 
They said it meant to help some one who was hurting. 
I asked them what it means to be clothed with kindness. 
They said it meant doing something nice for some one. 
I asked them what it means to be clothed with humility. 
They said it meant thinking of others before yourself. 
I asked them what it means to be clothed with gentleness. 
They said it meant not hitting your sibling. 
I asked them what it means to be clothed with patience. 
They said it means not being impatient. 

I think they get it. I wish more adults did ;)
Then they spent the next hour and a half patiently and lovingly painting wooden fashion dolls.
They had fun "dressing" the dolls with glittery paints.






 They wrote the verse of the week on the back of the doll.
 This is me as a princess doll. Clothed in only the finest compassion, kindness, and gentleness, 
as any princess should be!!!


Proverbs 31:30 

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; 

but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.


No comments:

Post a Comment