Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Guest Blogger #2: Ema!!!!

If you didn't read the blog right before this one, make sure to read them both!! I asked two teens from the Manchester, New Hampshire team to write as guest bloggers for me. Here are Ema's thoughts on missions, life, and stuff ;)
✿ღ¸.•°*”˜ƸӜƷ˜”*°•.•.¸ღ✿♥✿ღ✿ღ¸.•°*”˜ƸӜƷ˜”*°•.•.¸ღ✿♥✿ღ
 
Hey everyone!! I am not much of a blogger but I suppose I should introduce myself. smileMy name is Ema, I am from New Boston New Hampshire, Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, I LOVE cats, and I am one week into my first semester in college at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. I am studying Urban Ministries and I am loving it so far!
 

I met Julie on my mission trip to Costa Rica a little over a month ago and I love her dearly. Two of the team members and I got the opportunity to stay a couple extra days after the rest of our team left and Miss Julie asked me if I would write a little something for her blog, so here we go!

As I look back on the trip I start to notice what God did more and more. The memories start to change from, 'oh look what we did!' to 'oh look what God did!' It's so easy to overlook what God did, and give yourself all the credit. In the extra days I got to spend in Costa Rica I was able to look back and see where God was even in the tiniest of scenarios. I look back and see that God was there molding me and shaping who I am right now when I was playing cards with the Ticos, finding the perfect pair of glasses for people during the eye clinic, and even when I was washing dishes. I have started to look at serving others a little different now. When I serve those around me, whether it’s a family member, a friend, or even a total stranger, I am serving Christ. Though I have known this fact since my Sunday school years,God has made my heart heavier and more ready to serve than ever. since coming home from this trip.

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,you did it to me.’
Matthew 25:35-40


I personally tend to really harp on the fact that if you serve people but don’t share the Gospel with them then it’s ‘ a waste of time’ because food will run out, houses will fall, and people will get sick again. So, I have sometimes found myself Bible-thumping’ more than actually genuinely caring for the souls of those around me. Though I still believe that everyone needs the truth of the Gospel in order to be saved, I hold serving others and spending time with them at a higher level. I believe that God has called me to a long life of community with the lost and unwanted people. One of my deepest desires is to be able to ‘be Jesus’ to as many people as I can. I long to be used, filled up, poured out, and shared with those around me. I hope to love in the same way Paul and not only share Gospel but share my life also.

So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us.
1 Thessalonians 2:8


Staying the few extra days was much needed. I was not mentally or spiritually ready to leave Costa Rica. I love looking back on the memories and thinking about the people I got to meet, and I hope i will be able to go back soon!!

Ema
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)¸.•´ ¸.•´.-✿¸.•´ ¸.•´.-✿
(¸.•´ (¸.•`¸.•´ ¸.•´.-✿¸.•´ ¸.•´.-✿¸.•´ ¸.•´.-✿

No comments:

Post a Comment